Oil pulling is the latest trend to take the wellness community by storm, but let’s be honest – do you know anyone personally that pulls? I know I don’t, so to know more I did the only thing I know-how… fall into a never-ending Google hole to find out what all this hype is really about.
Yes, oil pulling is the newest trend, but the first thing I found was that this practice dates back over more than two millennia. It’s a traditional practice in Ayurveda – a holistic medical system from India with the key objective to promote good health and well being through balancing the mind, body, and spirit.
As mystical as that sounds, I find myself asking, “how is swishing coconut oil in my mouth for 10-20 minutes going to help balance my body, mind, and spirit?” Well, I think it’s safe to say that with the advancement of modern medicine we can begin to see and understand the benefits oil pulling can actually provide those who chose to participate.
To me the act of oil pulling is similar to swishing mouthwash around, but for an extended period of time.
Here’s how you do it:
- Place a tablespoon of GenElle CBD infused coconut oil in your mouth.
- It will melt and start to feel like water, so just swish it around!
- DO NOT SWALLOW ANY OF THE OIL!
- After about 10-20 minutes, spit out the oil.
- Rinse your mouth out with some water, or if you’re able – brush your teeth.
Once you’ve spit out the oil AND (at least for the first time) your jaw is killing you, the first thing you’ll ask yourself is, “What was the point of that?” Well, it turns out that oil pulling is actually pretty cool. Right after you spit the oil out your teeth are going to feel so soft and so clean that you will contemplate doing it after every meal!
Not only will your teeth feel as if you just brushed them, but your mouth as a whole will feel renewed. But how does this happen? Why would oil clean your mouth? Well, it turns out that the oil is physically pulling any bacteria and additional toxins from your body through your gums! This is why YOU ABSOLUTELY DON’T SWALLOW THE OIL – it will make you ill.
From this, oil pulling is said to have many benefits:
- Whitens Teeth
- Aids in Cavity & Gingivitis Prevention
- Reduces Bad Breath (even for those who suffer from halitosis)
- Strengthens your Teeth & Gums
- Improves Jaw Pain (yes, really! – for those who summer from TMJ)
- Improves Sleep Problems & Sinus Issues
- Alleviation of headaches ( & reportedly hangovers!)
- Boosts Metabolism
- Detoxes your Body
- Strengthens your Immune System
However, if you’re turned off by anything coconut this is 100% not for you. But if you’re tired of your everyday oral routine I recommend you give oil pulling a try with our organic CBD Infused Coconut Oil. Not only will you benefit from the pulling itself, but the CBD will reduce any inflammation you may have.
Regenerate Coconut Oil (500mg)
8 oz jar of 100% Coconut Oil blended with CBD for an easy to use versatile oil.